Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)

  • Are vehicle stickers still required in unincorporated parts of the Township?
    • No, these are no longer required.
  • What services does the Township provide?
    • Services including voter registration, help with property tax appeal, free senior transportation, assistance for those with disabilities, a youth work program plus assistance and support for many different mental health initiatives throughout the township community.
  • What does the Clerk do?
    • The Clerk oversees the minutes and votes at board meetings, and is the custodian of all township
      records. The Clerk’s office also acts as a resource and support for the 17 communities in the
      township. The office assists with many different matters and provides free notary services and
      help with handicap placards. Furthermore, if a resident has a problem and cannot seem to figure
      out what government entity to turn to, the Clerk can help navigate the situation.
  • Can I be issued  a handicap placard at the Clerk’s office?
    • Residents with a Disability Placard Application issued by Secretary of State Jesse White, and signed by their physician, can receive a 90-day temporary placard at the Clerk’s office. Click HERE for flyer.
  • Can I register to vote at the Township office?
    • United States Citizens may register to vote for the upcoming elections at the Clerk’s Office. One must have 2 pieces of identification showing their current address in order to register. In Illinois, one is allowed to vote in primary elections at the age of 17 as long as one turns 18 by the general election, otherwise one must be 18 years of age to register. If residents prefer, they may also go online at to register, seek an absentee application for ballot, find Early Voting Sites, see Election Results, request Birth, Marriage or Death Certificates and more.
  • Is there a notary available at the Township office?
    • Yes, notary services are provided by the Clerk’s office.
  • Does the Township provide any services to help with hardships concerning matters such as Senior assistance, healthcare questions, etc?
    • The General Assistance office directs residents to resources concerning these matters and many more; the office can be reached by calling (708) 482-8300 ext 232.
  • How do I sign up for Senior Transportation services?
    • Call the office and we can register you over the phone.
  • How do I get a ride with Senior Transportation and when should I make a reservation?
    • Call the office to make a reservation.
      Medical appointments: call as soon as you get your appointment. Any time way in advance of the appointment.
      Shopping appointments: call the day before the shopping date starting at 8:00AM as it fills up fast.
  • How far do you travel?
    • We stay within the Township of Lyons except for medical appointments. We will go up to 2 miles beyond the Township for medical appointments only.
  • Who else provides transportation in the Township?
    • Other providers in the Lyons Township area are:
      Pace Para Transit: 312-663-4357
      Interfaith Community Partners: 708-354-9328
      La Grange and Hinsdale Hospitals: call the hospital and request Courtesy Van Service.
      Superior Ambulance Courtesy Van (serving La Grange and Hinsdale areas): 630-832-2000
      Blue Sky Transportation: 708-567-8687
      Hines VA Hospital: 708-202-8387, dial O, ask for Hines Travel dept.
  • Do you have collection drives? Yes! We accept the following:
    • Can tabs for Ronald McDonald House. Click HERE for flyer.
    • Used Eye glasses, Hearing Aids & Phones for Lions Club. Click HERE for flyer.
    • Shoes for Soles 4 Souls. Click HERE for flyer.
    • Corks for Go Green La Grange
    • Toys for Tots around the holidays. Click HERE for flyer.
  • Do you accept batteries? No, sorry we do not at this time.
    • Here is a list of place that accept batteries. Click HERE for flyer.
Back to top