Barbara M. Weyrick, C.I.A.O.
Irene, Carrie, Karen
Assessor’s Office Helpful Links
- Township Officials of Illinois – Lyons Township
- Cook County Assessor’s Office
- Cook County Board of Review
- Cook County Recorder
- Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board
- Cook County Treasurer
- Cook County Clerk
- Township Officials of Illinois
Service is Caring……
The Lyons Township Assessor is your nearest liaison to the Cook County Assessor’s Office. Our job is to provide professional help on your real estate assessments and tax bills. Our mission is to efficiently perform the duties relating to property assessments assigned to township assessors by the State of Illinois within the county of Cook, and to thereby effectively serve the residents, property owners, and government of the Township.
If your opinion of the value of your property differs from the Cook County Assessor’s, by all means come in and discuss the matter with us. We will be happy to discuss any questions you may have regarding the assessed value of your property.
The Assessor’s Office provides many services for more than 51,000 real estate parcels including, but not limited to …
- Filing for Senior Freeze Exemption, and Senior Homestead Exemption (ages 65 and over).
- File Homeowners Exemptions, which is available to all homeowners regardless of age, Disabled Homeowners, Disabled Veterans and Returning Veterans Exemptions.
- Provide the necessary information to determine if your property is being fairly assessed.
- Verifying exemptions for homeowners.
- Requesting a tax bill, change of name and address.
- Checking assessments of land and improvements.
- Assistance to homeowner’s and seniors in completing Certificate of Error forms for any exemptions they did not receive, which may result in a refund.
- Information and assistance in filing assessed valuation appeals.
- Information and assistance in filing Board of Review appeals.
- On hand for viewing are current and archived Sidwell Maps.
- Process building permits.
- Free Notary Service for all assessment and tax related documents.
Increased spending is what really makes real estate tax bills go up!
The primary job of the Cook County Assessor is to make sure that every real estate parcel in Cook County is assessed at fair market value. This is a very complex and difficult job. Cook County has approximately 1.8 million real estate parcels and it is reasonable to assume that some mistakes occur.
If you discover that your property is: (1) assessed over market value or if your property is (2) described incorrectly or if your property (3) is not assessed uniformly with similar properties in your neighborhood – we can help!
Hours of Operation
Monday8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Friday8:30 am - 4:00 pm
The office is closed from 12 pm - 1 pm.